About Me

My photo
I am a Senior, and I am Awesome :D . I Love watching Grey's Anatomy, The Ouran High school Host club, Glee, Vampire Knight and Gossip Girl.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Real Life Quick write

Three characteristics for a SPA alumnus to be successful are being respectful, responsible, and assertive. These are the three most important ones because a majority of SPA alumni leave this facility thinking they can take care of  themselves, but really they are not even close. The alumnus tend to fall into drugs, partying, drop out of college, and lose their housing and they start to couch hop.  Sadly a lot of our class of 2010 are going through now.

These three characteristics are attained whne a SPA kid tries and looks up to someone who shows these example, a kid can look up to Tia Moore and one of her strong characteristics is responsibility. Therefore that will try to follow her same characteristic.

The characteristic I possess being respectful.  I've obtained this characteristic through the lessons I've learned and my grandmother. My grandmother has taught me that to have respect and give respect makes you a better person. However, not many Foster care kids have that support given to me by my grandmother, but they can find someone to look up to and be different from the  stereotypical Foster youth. I do not have responsibility or assertiveness as much as I wish, because I tend to procrastinate and not ask for help when needed. If I work on not procrastinating I feel I would improve very much. As for being more assertive I feel I have to work on myself and just ask for help and be less afraid to.

No comments:

Post a Comment